Today was the
end of a long weekend preparing for beginning of a fun-filled week full of crafts, mission studies, music, snacks, recreation, and bible stories. VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL. Yes, the very existence of my childhood summers
revolved around getting to go to various VBS's around town at different churches. Different themes, different crafts, different people. SO MUCH FUN! A lot changes when you sign up to be the LEAD TEACHER, instead of just signing up to attend. I believe that God will somehow use me this week to reach out to at least one child who might want to know more about Christ. That's my prayer for this experience. And
shocker.... I DO have pictures, and will update to post them of our decorated classroom --- because let's face it, it ROCKS! :)
Kinda along the same lines, I started reading 52 Things Kids Need from Their Mom on my Kindle tonight, and I'm already through chapter 7. Awhile back I had bought and downloaded the same book, but for DADS as an audio book for my husband..... I thought he'd enjoy reading it, it's Christian based, has good solid point, and seems encouraging. Sooooo..... he listens to the ENTIRE audio book in about 5 hours (car trips.... what else is there to do, right?) and proceeds to tell me what a great book it was, that it made him think about what the kids need from him as their father & leader. I was moved by his description of how touched he was by the book, so when he suggested I get the MOMS version of it, I jumped at the chance. I figure that if it touched a
sweet, secretly sensitive ......tough guy like that, then I'd most likely love it. I have to give props.... I'm not certain if they are written by the same person (frankly i'm too lazy to check) but the 1st chapter alone made me get teary eyed. So it's worth reading...
I need to blog more..... that is all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment