FALL is here..... it's evident in the cooler weather (well... lets be honest, COLDER weather), the smell of the air has changed, although I can never place my finger on what it is I'm smelling that's different from summer.
Let's just go ahead and say I'm a pretty CRAFTY person year round.... it's just "my thing" so to speak. So I do crafts with my kids all the time, but this particular one caught my eye on www.pinterest.com and I knew I just HAD to try it. It took about 1 hour to complete. The hardest (longest) part was gathering all the colored paper. Since we are right in the middle of moving, most of our stuff is packed up in boxes, so I had to go on a hunting adventure to find what I needed. On a "normal" (what is normal when you have kids.... right!?) day it would have been about 30 minutes from start to finish most likely.
But anyways..... it's just adorable. Check it out! A Halloween banner! Now I did it just like the one from the site that the other mom made, but I got to thinking that we could easily add a spider and a mummy! So maybe by next year I can add to it!
Each of these were attached to a piece of fishing line that we keep hung up between these two rooms year round for stuff such as this (i.e.- we hung styrofoam spiders and bats from it last year at Halloween, and for Valentine's day we hang paper hearts from it, etc...) I chose to secure them with hair pins ("bobby pins") which is what you can see on them. But if you'd rather those not show, the lady on pinterest had hers attached to ribbon with clothespins and that was cute too!
So that's that. There's an OWL, CANDY CORN, FRANKENSTEIN, PUMPKIN, GHOST, & BLACK CAT.

You're so crafty. Love the banner you made! And Fall is the best time of the year, I agree.
ReplyDelete