Friday, October 14, 2011

Purple, Blue, & Pink

Today is Day THREE after the initial surgery on my right leg on Wednesday.  I'm thankfully blessed to say that that leg is feeling much better than yesterday when I thought I'd much rather cut the entire leg off than deal with the intense pain it was causing!  But I muscled through and today is brighter.  Since I forgot to add a picture of the actual veins that they took out (or parts of them...) I figured I'd go ahead and gross you out right about now! 
The doctor said that after they were removed they shrunk, obviously because there's no blood supply to them, and thus, there is no swollen look.  Because MY first thought was "that's it"!?!  That's what's causing the pain and problems!?  But apparently this is my veins after they look "good" - HAH!  

Now here's a pic from yesterday of both legs.... wrapped up tight.  It looks funny (and ignore the dusty spot in the photo... I never dust, it's a waste of time!) but the tightness of the wraps feels pretty good!  
Now, on a brighter note ----- Someone who loves me DEARLY bought me donuts as a special treat!!!  :)  And when I saw the Halloween box I was doubly excited!  I mean.... look how CUTE! 
Getting back on track.... since today was day 3 of my right leg, I was allowed to unwrap and rewrap a bit more loose.  So here is what we found under the mummy wraps....I'm sure it will get plenty worse.  I bruise super easy even on a good day, lol.  :)  And since I'm trying to document the recovery, you know i'll have more photos in a day or two!   

No comments:

Post a Comment