Just thought I'd document my leg adventure. I'll give you the back story on it real quick. Never had a problem with my legs up until (enter my first born) I had kids.... got worse the second time around (enter my second child). It was always ugly, but since I was overweight and only wore pants year round it didn't really bother me much. Recently (by that I mean over the past 2 years) I've lost 70 pounds by S-L-O-W-L-Y dieting and exercising. I'm about 10 pounds from my goal weight, but my legs started hurting a few months back... going numb and tingling from the knees down. My doctor referred me to specialist, specialist said I have valve problems, damaged veins, as well as varicose veins. Sooo..... surgery was what route we took.
Day 1:
Nervous as ever..... not sure what to expect, assuming lots of needles (terrified of needles.... would be putting it mildly). First they marked my legs....
Beautiful eh!? :) Then they did a second ultrasound to make sure everything was in the right spot before we started. I must say I was a nervous wreck. I had only been told to take 1/4 of a xanax. If you know me, I can blow through 2 full xanax and it barely calms my nerves. So I was skeptical.... which was accurate because after they started cutting I started to panic.... nearly threw up and they had to lower my head because I was about to pass out. After the ordeal was over, they let me see the veins that had been removed. GROSS!!!!!! I've got a picture of them, but i'll spare you.
And this is me afterwards...wrapped like a mummy! :)


Mummy Chipmunk for halloween?
ReplyDelete